Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cars and Motorcycles




Yesterday morning, while driving to work and daydreaming of my future house in Palawan, I was momentarily distracted when I saw the car on my left side get hit in the bumper by a speeding motorcycle. The driver of the bike waived his hand to the driver of the car, in a gesture of apology, but continued forward. Unfortunately, the bumper was quite damaged as part of it fell off its' hinge. Naturally, the car driver was furious and made a "beep,beeeeeep" to the guy on the bike, who didn't acknowledge, knowing well that the last "beeeeeep" was really a warning for him to STOP. A chase, ensued...


This story, ofcourse, has nothing to do with any of us.

BUT! (No, No! Not that!!!) My question to you is...

IF YOU WERE THE DRIVER OF THE BIKE AND THE CAR THAT YOU DAMAGED WAS CHASING YOU, WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO ESCAPE EMINENT TROUBLE?

I know its a felony to do such a thing but that's what happened! So if you were the one being chased, and you know that stopping will get you into more trouble, what would you do to avert being caught?

My initial thought was to make a sharp turn on the next corner and all other narrow corners available until I can't be trailed! However, I'm sure that if the car driver was unrelentless and persistent, he won't give up the search and I could be found.

So what's a better idea?

What about still making those narrow turns but parking the bike in an area with plenty of other motorcycles. I'd immediately get off the bike, take off my helmet (leaving it with the bike) and change my shirt or wear a jacket or a cap. That would probably lessen the resemblance.

It also won't hurt to wear a wig, afro style, and a moustache (more hair, the better!)

However, it would be best if you can find a camel back and pretend to be Quasimodo..or the Hunchback of Notredame (aren't they one and the same?!? See!!! I can't even tell!)

You can also take off your shirt and pants and just pretend to be a taong grasa.

Hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment